Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chocolate Cheesecake Pie

Okay - back to school means back to blogging.  Hopefully. Probably. At least a little more consistently.  We'll see...

Recipe Review Thursday is back...  and with something seriously decadent and super easy!

Back in July I hosted a BBQ with my ABF (Adult Bible Fellowship) friends and I had signed up to bring a dessert.  However, I'd forgotten that I'd commited to a dessert and was scrambling at the last minute trying to figure out something to make with what I already had on hand.  Google to the rescue!  I typed in a few "staple" ingredients I always had on hand and then scoured the options.  Then came Pinterest... and I searched there.  VOILA!  Discovery revealed the recipe for this Chocolate Cheesecake Pie, and because it was from "Taste of Home" I trusted it would be divine.  I was not disappointed!

Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
Chocolate dessert decorations, optional

Directions
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with chocolate decorations if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.

 

Review:
This recipe is just as simple to make as it reads.  I didn't have a pie crust on hand, so I made my own.  It crumbled a bit, but it didn't distract from the deliciousness of this treat.  It was creamy, chocolaty, and cool - perfect for the hot summer day we devoured it.  I didn't have chocolate garnish, nor did I feel like making any, so I served fresh raspberries instead.  The berries were a beautiful contrast of tartness to the sweetness of the pie.  The flavors blended perfectly.  It also serves more than 6-8; it is so rich it easily serves 10, possibly 12.  (I used a standard 10" pie plate).

I will make this again... after all, I need a reason to perfect that crumbly crust!  

Kid Review:
O: Can I have another piece, please?
E:  I could eat that whole thing up, it's so GOOD!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment