Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What's A Picture Really Worth?

Is a picture really worth a thousand words?   I suppose it depends mostly on two things:  1 - what the subject matter is, and 2 - how it relates to you, viewing it. 



I love this picture.  Really.  L-O-V-E .... La - OVE it.   It makes me laugh every time I see it.  A second in time... a memory forever.  

This photo truly depicts my children's relationship with each other right now.  Evie is all over Owen - arms wrapped around him, totally devoted and loving him.   Owen has dirty knees (a constant, every day occurrence in his 8 year old life... incredibly busy and BIG in almost every way, but the dirt reminds me that he is still little enough to get down on his knees to play... I know I'll miss those stains SOME day).  And he needs his space.  He's not exactly pushing her away... he's willing to have his "little sister" close, but not too close.   At least when it doesn't suit his needs at the moment.  He lives very moment-by-moment right now... which thoroughly irritates Evie because she doesn't.  (Yet).  

Hmm... did I reach a thousand words?  Probably not, but it doesn't matter to me because this picture is priceless in my eyes.  Totally cropable (that's a scrapbooking term).  Totally frameable.  I'm ordering an 8x10 for sure.  Do you want one, too, Mom?

1 comment:

  1. This is your version of Mom's pic of you and Stopher, juice mustaches and cow-licks untamed!

    ReplyDelete