Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bummed & Thankful

So bummed (in a self-focused, sinful way) to be reading excited notes and blog posts, hearing excited comments about our long awaited church service this morning.  It was a special one.  It was one I missed.  I have a sick child at home and I missed something I was looking forward to.  Something that cannot be repeated (in person).  Just one more thing in this "blink" we call life that I don't understand.  But I don't have to understand.  I trust.  I trust in the One that knows all and ordains all.

Do you trust and know Him?

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
        and do not lean on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge him,
        and he will make straight your paths.
    Be not wise in your own eyes;
        fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.
    It will be healing to your flesh
        and refreshment to your bones."
(Proverbs 3:5-8 ESV)

Our youth pastor Patrick McGoldrick (Blog Here) is young.  He has been diagnosed with ALS.  And he is dying.  Dying to this earth - but promised a new one.  He preached his last sermon today.  And I missed it.

BUT....

I am thankful for the promises each new day brings.

I am thankful for the promise that God is all sufficient, all powerful, all knowing.
He knows what will happen, before it will happen.  And He is good.
Because of that knowledge and hope, I know it was good for me to miss what I missed.
God has ordained my path.

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
     his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
     great is your faithfulness."
(Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV)

Nothing surprises Him.  He knows our next minute, our next hour, our next day(s).
Because He knows, I trust that I am safe.  Because I am in His care.

    "And we know that for those who love God 
all things work together for good,
 for those who are called according to his purpose."
(Romans 8:28 ESV)

Not my purpose.  But His.  Alone.  

(Oh... .and another thing I am thankful for??  TECHNOLOGY!  Because of it, I can listen to the much anticipated sermon I missed this morning online later this week!  Praise the Lord for technology!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment