Monday, April 23, 2012

Knocked My Socks Off






Pin It


Every  morning before I drop my kids off to school I read a proverb (from the book Proverbs for Kids - I have the Kindle edition) to them and the correlating "story" to break down the understanding.  There are questions asked at the end of each proverb to promote discussion and to see how well they listened.   They typically listen quite well and are able to answer the questions without a problem.  Today was no exception, and we had a good discussion.  After our "devotion" time, it is someone's turn to pray - we each take a different day.  This morning, because Owen isn't feeling well, I was going to have Evie pray instead and Owen would take another day this week.  However, Owen insisted on taking his turn.  And I am beyond thankful that he did.  As a friend of ours says, "He blessed my socks off!"

"Dear Jesus, 
Thank you for today. 
Thank you that you are not a cloud or a toad or anything like that. 
Thank you that you are so much more." 

He did go on to finish the prayer with asking God to heal those we know who are ill, but the beginning of the prayer caused me to pause.  I have never discussed personally with him that God is NOT a cloud, nor is God NOT a toad.  But HE knew.   And he thanked God for it.  What a blessing to be taught something by my child this morning.  Humbled and blessed.  That's a pretty good start to the day.

"At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children." ~ Matthew 11:25

1 comment:

  1. Raise a child in the way that they should GO!

    What a BLESSING!

    ReplyDelete